[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Marking a washing machine with a movable clear plastic cover.

  • From: "Voigt, Linda (OCFS)" <Linda.Voigt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Jean.May@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:11:15 -0400

The only way I've found to mark that type of washer (and there are a lot
of them out there!) is to tape the plastic cover to the dial underneath
it, so they move as one. Then it can be marked with raised markings.
Taping the two together is not easy--it requires getting the edge of the
tape under the dial, then bringing it over the plastic cover. A strong
clear packaging tape works well. It takes three or four pieces of tape
around the dial to get them to work together, and I have to explain to
the consumer that it won't look very nice, but it will work.  If anyone
has another suggestion, I'm open to it!  I've tried to remove the cover
but I'm afraid it will affect the way the dial works. I don't see any
functional use for it, myself, except to keep the dust off the dial!
Most dryers don't have them.  Linda Voigt

This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential, privileged, or legally protected, and as such
is not a public document.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination,
distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the
communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your
system.