[vip_students] New Release of MaestroTranslate

> From: Octavian Rasnita <[deleted]>
> Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 20:50:28 +0200
> To: blindwebbers[AT]yahoogroups[DOT]com

I have made a few updates to MaestroTranslate, that tools that can be
used for translating text with Google.

1. The program is now multi-threaded, so the interface can be used
while the program is translating a long document. It doesn't freeze
anymore.

2. The program displays a progress bar that shows the percentage of
the translated text, which is helpful when translating long documents.

3. The translated text is displayed in the destination text field
continuously, and it can be read while the program translates the rest
of the document.

4. The program has a "Stop" button that can be used for stopping the
translation of the current text, which might be utile sometimes for
long documents.

5. Zlatko Sobocan created improved JAWS scripts for MaestroTranslate,
and now the installation and configuration of these scripts can be
done much easier.

At the installation time (or later), the program ask you to choose the
hotkey you want to use for translation and the hotkey for
configuration.
The hotkey for translation is the one you can use to translate the
word at the cursor or the selected text, and the hotkey for
configuration is the one you could use to choose the source and
destination languages and other options (and it will appear a wizard
that will let you make the choice).

These scripts are installed automaticly when you install
MaestroTranslate, and you can uninstall them without uninstalling the
program. They are uninstalled when you will uninstall the program.

The interface of these scripts is also localized. You can change its
locale by changing the current language of the MaestroTranslate's
interface (and then press Control+JawsKey+Escape to re-initialize the
scripts).
The localization may change the language of the spoken messages, the
names of the languages and possibly their order (in the lists
displayed in that configuration wizard).

6. I have solved a few bugs that were making the translation of long
documents very hard. I have also solved a bug that prevented the
translation using the JAWS scripts on the first or even second trial
right after the computer has been restarted.
I have also solved a bug that prevented translating the current word
pointed with the JAWS cursor.

I have added a few details for installation in the readme file and
much more things in the help files of the program.

You can download it from:

http://www.tranzactiibursiere.ro/maestro/translate/

Octavian

Other related posts: