[vip_students] Re: New Release of MaestroTranslate

  • From: "Paul Dromey" <pdromey@xxxxxx>
  • To: <vip_students@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:32:02 -0000

Hi Eleanor.

Basically, it is a simple and quick way of accessing Google Translate
through the downloaded Maestro Translate program.  It allows the user to
input and translate a word, phrase, sentence, or indeed text document from
one language to another.

It is simplicity itself to use once downloaded and it is possible to assign
Jaws hotkeys for regular translation in a language you might use often.
This avoids the necessity of going into the Maestro Translate program, you
could simply select the desired text, press your chosen Jaws hotkey
combination for translating from, for example English to French,   and, hey
presto, it comes up.  However I haven't tried this aspect of the program
yet, I just go into Maestro Translate, select the languages to and from in
the dropdown menus, in put my desired text and press translate. .

There is a choice of almost 60 languages, including Irish.  I use it mostly
as part of my Spanish studies, for example when attempting to read something
opuzzling in a Spanish newspaper online.  But, as I said in an earlier
message, be warned, Google Translate is not totally reliable as it translate
literally and, all languages have words with more than one meaning,
depending on the context.

http://www.tranzactiibursiere.ro/maestro/translate/

is the download for the latest version, as supplied to the list by John
O'Regan on Wednesday.

Paul

Date: 11/03/2011 10:17 am

Hi John,
I downloaded the Maestro translate program from your link the other night
with no problem.
It came as manna from heaven to me as I am having trouble contacting a
Spaniard who has no English. Maestro translate worked a charm on a txt file
I made first.
I note that it doesn't handle .docx or rtf or doc files. So I dumped the
message out to a txt file and it worked a charm.
The interface is beautifully simple.
Thanks for the manna!
Kind regards
Aedan.