[vi-android] Re: question Quentin.

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:32:14 +1100

It's a shame that Google have changed the voices without actually taking
the opportunity to give us the choice of which voice we use, however there
are other options on the play store.

Ivona have a range of voices with different accents (I've been using the
Ivona Nicole Australian voice lately).
eSpeak is also available which is the same voice that NVDA (the free
screenreader on the PC) comes with by default.  (It's more robotic sounding
but does pronounce things distinctly once you get used to it).
Acapela is another one I've heard of but haven't tried lately and there are
actually quite a lot of other options if you just search for "TTS" (TTS
stands for Text to Speech) on the play store.

It would be great to see if anyone finds any others that they really like.

Regards

Quentin.