[vi-android] Re: question Quentin.

  • From: Quentin Christensen <quentin.christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:23:43 +1100

Hi Michael,

Yes the play store changed at some point over the past week - it seems to
have slowly migrated across my various devices and as you say it's in
slightly different positions on the phone and the tablet.

With the speech, I downloaded the update last night and I was surprised to
see there was no "what's new" section to say what the changes were and that
they'd completely changed the voice - yes, as you say everyone has this new
voice.  I actually like it, although it's not really up to me to comment
since I don't use Talkback all the time!

The other thing they've changed this week is the google keyboard.  They've
changed the way some of the punctuation works when you hold down say the
full stop and held down keys don't go blue, and also if you slide across
the keyboard to enter text, you can now slide over the space bar instead of
lifting between words.  I'm pretty sure none of the keyboards that let you
slide or swipe or whatever they want to call it to enter text actually work
in that mode with Talkback do they?

Regards

Quentin.