[vi-android] Re: Reason for subscribing

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:20:13 +0200 (CEST)

Jeanie,

There are some Android phones that have been adapted to be a bit more
visually-impaired friendly. A good example is the TelOrion. This has an
adaptation on it that acts like a keypad, so some people may find it easier to
handle than a plain touch screen. You can still use the touch screen as normal
as well, and the basic phone used for these is either a Samsung S3 or a Samsung
S4 Mini.

There are some special V.I. apps on these things, which strictly speaking you
can probably manage without, but they might be a useful stepping stone.

http://telorion.com/accueil/?lang=en

We've never had such a wide choice of accessible phones, so in some ways we're
spoiled for choice. That's why I'm in the same place as you, learning all I can
and keeping watch on the Android news.

Vince.

Message Received: May 15 2014, 03:29 AM
From: "Jeanie Vejil"
To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [vi-android] Re: Reason for subscribing

Thanks Glen. Every little bit helps since I know very little about
android phones other than that they have touch screens.