[vi-android] Re: First GPS experience

  • From: Aaron <blindgeek1989@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:53:13 -0500

I understand what you mean. I have a S4 running 4.3 JB and love it. I’m looking
at getting a nexus 7. I don’t wanna get a new phone not because of the cost
but, because my phone works for me now. What are your thoughts? Would you do
the same thing?
Thanks,
Aaron Linson
Podcaster Studios
Being Confident in your ability, not your disability

On Jan 25, 2014, at 7:48 PM, Christopher gilland <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> You know, Aaron, I can't really explain it.  I came from an I O S background
> originally, although I've been using smart phones for quite a wile.  I say
> originally, as the IPhone really was my first smart phone which actually was
> almost 99% accessible out of the box.  I think the fact that a lot of my I O
> S gestures like flicking, and double tapping etc carry over makes the
> experience very very pleasant.
>
> I also like that it is very clean.  I can't really elaborate on what I mean
> by that.  Again, it's hard to explain.  I can't exactly put my finger on it,
> but it just feels nicer.  It's just a more smoothe experience.  Things seem
> to be more responsive, and I find that in many cases, things seem to slightly
> be laid out better.  Here's an example.  Not always obviously, but most of
> the time, in most apps, one of two things are going to happen, and sometimes
> even both will occur.  Normally, the top right or bottom right corners of the
> screen have a more options button.  This usually pops up a menu which
> Talkback tells me how many items are in it, and I can get to things like the
> settings of the app, the help for the app, etc.  Sometimes if an app has
> multiple screens, you'll either have something in the upper left corner
> called a drawer, which you can double tap on and slide in and out to reveal
> different sections of the app you can access.  Either this, or it will be a
> navigation menu you can slide out from left to right with two fingers on the
> screen, then close by two finger sliding right to left on the screen, or by
> activating one of the items in the slide out menu.  It's things like this
> that make KitKat very nice in my view.  After a while, you kind a get where
> you can almost guess where certain things probably most likely are located,
> and if you can't find something on the screen, you generally know the real
> important areas of the screen to look at.  It's very pattern based, and once
> you kind a learn that pattern, if you will, you kind a get at a point where
> your muscel memory takes over, and it gets to be so second nature, you really
> don't even think about it.
>
> Chris.

>>> Stevenage
>>> Hertfordshire