[vi-android] First GPS experience

  • From: claire amoroso <kenmarekestrel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vi-android@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:19:38 +0100

Hi All,
I tried out the GPS capabilities on my Android phone using Walky Talky to go to
a well-know computer store. I wasn't sure how to hold my smartphone as I
thought that usiing earbuds wasn't safe. Secondly, I was surprsised that the
application did not announce much information about from the odd directions on
when to turn, I mostly had to rely on my limited vision to see the big arrow on
the screen. I was expecting more detailed information about what buildings were
around me also. Was I expecting too much ?
Any advice from more experienced users would be welcome.
Thanks
Claire