[va-richmond-general] Message From RAS Website Link

  • From: <Deborah.C.Biggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:04:49 -0400

Well it was a Woodpecker weekend at my place!  I had a visiting pair of
Flickers (the big ones with the black chest bar), and my resident pair of downy
woodpeckers kept up a pounding racket!  In the woods behind my house are mating
hoot owls.  I see them every once in a while and hear them call most nights.
also my pair of mourning doves love the feeder droppings from the little birds.
Blue birds are back although I think just to eat, as I don't keep a bluebird
house due to the cat, and I had what I believe to be a warbler but was unable
to identify which type by my books.  Sat right near my porch on the tree so I
got a good look, and the song was wonderful.  It had a black band from beak to
the back of the head across its eye, pale buff breast, brown and slightly
orange with black on its cap, and brown on its back, about 5" long.  Maybe a
female?   Also have black capped chickadees who live here.

I very much enjoyed Bob's big year at the meeting and enjoyed meeting all of
you that I did.

Debbie Biggs