[uae] Re: SCSI support on OS X

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:17:32 -0500

Hi Toni

On Saturday 20 March 2004 02:07 pm, Toni Wilen wrote:
> Richard, did you miss new scsi_atapi_fixup_inquiry() in blkdev.c?
> It fixes this problem. PlayCD wants ANSI version == 2 or complains
> and exits. (ATAPI ~ SCSI-2 minus MODE_SENSE_6, MODE_SELECT_6 and ANSI
> version == 0 in INQUIRY)

The problem on OS X, though, is that this translation code won't be used,
because libscg (the SCSI transport library) doesn't report when a device is
actually an ATAPI device on OS X.

Your previous translation code actually worked fine on the machines I tested
it on with ATAPI drives (three different Linux boxes and on BeOS). I will
integrate that patch you sent me though.