[uae] Re: SCSI support on OS X

  • From: Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:07:44 +0200

I can't use audio cds in uae on os x. It tells me, that my device don't
understand scsi 2 commands.

Erk! I forgot about this (it works here since I have a SCSI-3 drive). The libscg driver doesn't report when SCSI devices are actually ATAPI devices on OS X. I'll have to come up with a work around.

Out of curiosity, where is it reported that you drive doesn't understand SCSI-2 commands?

Richard, did you miss new scsi_atapi_fixup_inquiry() in blkdev.c?
It fixes this problem. PlayCD wants ANSI version == 2 or complains
and exits. (ATAPI ~ SCSI-2 minus MODE_SENSE_6, MODE_SELECT_6 and ANSI version == 0 in INQUIRY)