[uae] Re: Pointer trails

  • From: Montag <montag@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:00:06 +0500

Hello Keith

On 03/06/2004, you wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 06:42, Montag wrote:
>
>> I have this little "problem": sometimes the pointer is leaving a
>> persistent trail on the screen
>
> Aha! So I'm not the only one!
>
> I've been discussing this with Rich for a while, and I'm beginning to
> suspect that it is something to do with Amiga-native libraries, rather
> than uae itself.
>
> Tell me this: Are you running AmigaOS 3.9 + DOpus Magellan II in
> Workbench replacement mode by any chance?

I'm running AmigaOS 3.9, but I don't have any Workbench replacements
installed.

> Are you using a v3.1 kickstart kick.rom transfered from an A4000(T)?

I was using an unknown kick31.rom file. I have replaced it a cople of
minutes ago with a genuine A1200 40.68 KickStart image. :)
But I don't know if it could change the situation... AmigaOS 3.9 doesn't
patch it somehow?

> Try booting into the *real* Workbench, or booting with no startup, and
> see if the problem persists.
>
> I'm going to keep investigating this.

I'll let you know if the problem persists with the new kickstart.

--
S+E
[ Perche' tanto odio? ]