[uae] Re: Pointer trails

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:29:43 -0500

Hi Keith

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 01:16 am, you wrote:
> Sorry to disappoint you Rich, but ... no joy at 32MB either.
>
> [SNIP]
>
> Fastmem (32bit): mapped @$10000000: 32 MB Zorro III fast memory
>    Card 2 (ZorroIII) done.
> JIT: Reverting to "indirect" access, because canbang is zero!
>
> Apparently it can't bang, which is pretty much how I feel after a few
> pints :)

LOL!

You're still running without direct memory, though. You'll need to start up
UAE with 32MB of ZIII mem. If it starts without direct memory, you cannot
later enable direct memory . . .

> No probs, but I don't know about "hard work" though. My next project's
> gonna be hard - re-writing Tripwire from scratch (dumping STLPort &
> crypto++, building against standard glibc and openSSL/beecrypt, adding a
> QT GUI, and modernising the core code to use proper c++ constructs and
> namespaces). And the really good news is I'm probably going to be a team
> of "1" doing this. Great! No I'm not kidding.

Sounds like fun. ;-)

> I keep saying this but, I'm just really impressed that it's come this
> far so quickly (since you started the experimental version). Kinda
> awesome really. So don't feel like I'm nagging or anything ;-)

Thanks.

> Anyway, I've got a "real" A4000T next door, so WTF am I complaining
> about :)

Lucky man. My A4000 died a long time ago . . . Sob! And I sold my 2000 when I
moved to the US a year ago. I probably have enough bits lying around to build
one and a half A1200s, though. ;-)