[uae] Re: OT: Beryl (also Re: Compiz)

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:27:33 +0200

On Sa, 24 M?r 2007, Jason Rainforest wrote:
> Both Amiga (only tested AGA with AB3D2 and the boot up options screen -
> geeze that's hard to get to, any chance E-UAE could hold both mouse
> buttons for us? :-)), and P96 screens are affected.

I have to agree here - I've gone as many as 20 reboots using both f11-R (or
f12-R depending on the machine) or the traditional amiga-amiga boot - before it
recognized that I was holding down both buttons.  On my new touchpad enabled
macbook pro, it has only 1 button - 2 via emulation - but no way of holding
both the emulated and the single button down.  (Ok MAYBE there's a way with the
toption key. Still freaking impossible to do that AFTER jumping from f11-R
etc.)  When I plug in my trackball and hold 'em both down, it STILL takes a
while...

It would be really cool to have a keypress that says "boot with both mouse
buttons down" or heck an option.

-
Another item, while I'm wishing here, would be to have the options for the
lights on the keyboard connected (:  (power, hd light, etc.)  I know they're
available in the config file, but they don't seem to work (at least using
winUAE style options 'POWER' etc.)

In my case, not having the HD light when I go into the picasso screen sometimes
means I can't tell if it hung, or if the hd is busy.  (regular screen no
problem, I turn on the drive lights/etc.)

I'm HOPING that's a simple thing to do.  (Now, it doens't solve the issue of my
macbook not HAVING those lights (:  )