[uae] Re: Direct or indirect - that is the question (was Re: MacOSX Intel supports JIT?)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 00:06:44 -0400

On Thursday 22 March 2007 23:54, Richard Drummond wrote:
> You're probably asking now why E-UAE lets you pick 'direct' memory access,
> etc., if that isn't safely supported by the host platform. Yeah. Good
> question. The Gtk+ UI actually doesn't let you. I just never fixed this in
> the main program.

Actually, the main program does try to set the 'comp_trust*=' options to
indirect if direct memory ain't supported - but only after the emulator has
started, when it's checking for changes made to the JIT config options. This
occurs at the end of every frame, so happens first at the end of the first
display frame - which may be too late, I guess.

These options should probably be more properly sanity-checked before the
emulator starts for real.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx