[uae] Re: MacOSX Intel supports JIT?

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:54:43 +0200

On Do, 22 M?r 2007, hassel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quoting Jens Weichert <nexusle@xxxxxxx>:
>
> > Try to use the EUAE Compiler from my site http://www.e-uae.de.vu
> >
> > This should build a usable version for you

Really, this isn't needed, it builds fine from the official tarball if all the
prerequisites are in place.

> I changed the JIT cache size from 1024 to 0. That removes the crash.
> But the JIT needs a cache to work I guess?
>
> I have no problem with compiling EUAE. It's just that it crashes when
> running with JIT and cache set :-)

Try twiddling the various JIT items - indirect, direct, before picasso - I've
found that on different hardware these perform differently.  In my case, I turn
all 3 to 'before picasso' on both a macbook and a macbook pro, and the crash
goes away.

And yes, using 0 effectively turns OFF JIT, which will work, just slower (: