[uae] Re: MacOSX Intel supports JIT?

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:29:31 -0400

Hi Anders

On Saturday 24 March 2007 23:49, Anders Hasselqvist wrote:
> I'm not exactly sure which part you are interested in. Just ask me for
> more if you need it.

No. That's it. I've worked it out. And thanks to Daniel, who gave me the
crucial clue.

As I mentioned before, the comp_trust*= options default to 'direct'. On OS X,
where 'direct' isn't supported, E-UAE should switch these to 'indirect'
itself. However, the check that is being performed is too simple - basically,
it only looks at how comp_trustbyte= is set, not at how each of the four is
set.

In your case, you were setting (from your first mail in this thread):

comp_trustword=indirect
comp_trustbyte=indirect
comp_trustlong=indirect

But _not_ comp_trustnaddr=, which is still left set to 'direct'. E-UAE doesn't
notice this, and that's what was causing the segfault.

When you set

comp_trustword=indirectKS
comp_trustbyte=indirectKS
comp_trustlong=indirectKS

E-UAE now notices these aren't set to 'direct' and so does it itself -
including the missing comp_trustnaddr= - and so everything works.

I'll fix the code so it no longer defaults to 'direct' when it's not
supported. I look at cleaning up these option properly after WIP4 is out.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx