RE: geometric complexity

  • From: "Paul H. Erlich" <PErlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:45:41 -0400

You don't know how to do it otherwise? That's most unfortunate . . . i'm
still hoping for the triangular-taxicab metrics i've discussed to get some
airplay, as the numerics for codimension 1 at least will be beautiful . . .

Anyway, why aren't we closing in on finality for the project? What exactly
is Euclidean geometric complexity going to mean to a musician that our
previous measures don't capture well? And i think there might be too many
7-limit temperaments in our list -- i'd be happy to drop my insistence on
injera if we can eliminate a bunch.