[tn-dragonflies] Re: ID Verification

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:24:34 -0400

Richard, David and any other interested party,

Attached is a close up of the thorax.  It does somewhat resemble a
Dragonhunter:  green eyes, eyes completely separated and yellow face.  With
the separation of the eyes, it must be a Clubtail of some sort.  I will do
some looking on the web.  The thorax pattern looks very distinctive, bit it
does not match anything I can see in the three books I have (G. Beaton,
³Dragonflies & Damselflies of Georgia & the southeast²;  K. Mead,
³Dragonflies of the North Woods²;  D. Paulson, ³Dragonflies & Damselflies of
the West²).

Many thanks for you help.

Best regards,

Harold