[tn-dragonflies] Re: Spinyleg munches Crescent

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:15:10 EDT

Ken, All,

Its a bug-eat-bug world out there. I put a few shots I had of  dragonflies
with prey etc. in a little gallery:
_http://www.pbase.com/rconnorsnaturephoto/bug_eat_bug_
(http://www.pbase.com/rconnorsnaturephoto/bug_eat_bug)
I think it all levels out some how. I've heard Purple Martins and
Mississippi Kites specialize in dragonflies as prey, I'd like to get some shots
 of
that sometime.

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 6/29/2010 12:38:51 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Not that I want to see butterflies being killed but if it's going to
happen anyway, I'd like to be there with my camera. I have never seen a
dragonfly take any prey that was bigger than a small damselfly.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

_http://www.finishflagfarms.com_ (http://www.finishflagfarms.com/)