[tn-dragonflies] Re: ID Verification

  • From: Rconnorsphoto@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-dragonflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 19:20:35 EDT

Harold,

I don't know what it is, but here are some thoughts: I agree with David its
 not Ashy or Lancet.
It looks a bit like female Dragonhunter, the tip of abdomen  is turned down
as is characteristic of them, and the yellow markings down the  abdomen are
close to being correct for female Dragonhunter. It seems like its a  large
dragon from the photo, but the head seems too large and/or thorax seems  too
small for Dragonhunter.
Its one of those other clubtails... I can't get any closer to an  id
without seeing the side of the thorax better.

Richard Connors
Nashville

In a message dated 6/29/2010 1:27:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
featherbrain1223@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I would  be interested to hear any comments that you receive on the ID of
this. I am  not sure as to what species it is, but I know it is neither Ashy
nor Lancet. I  have been having trouble IDing the female clubtails I have
been seeing lately  so that's why I am interested to hear what the "experts"
have to say about  this one.

Thanks,

David

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Harold Howell <_howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) >  wrote:

Ladies  and Gentlemen,

In the ongoing saga or trying to separate Ashy and  Lancet Clubtails, I
would
appreciate your comments on these photos.  I believe that they are Ashy
Clubtails.  Their only variation  from my guides is that the lance shaped
marks on the abdomen do not get  smaller as they go toward the end of the
abdomen,  However, there is  no dorsal mark on S9 or S10, which should exist
on a Lancet.

You  may view these photos here:

_http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/4745996179/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/hsquare/4745996179/)