[tn-bird] Re: Tess Cumbie and Hummers and Pishing

  • From: "Ken Hale" <khale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:55:30 -0400

I had five hummers around my single feeder today, a new record for me.  The
little blue herons have apparently moved down toward Musick's Campground on
South Holston Lake, as they have not been seen near Sportsman's Dock lately.
Enough about birds.

Why do you limit your discussion about high performance cars to teenagers?
Ever been around some old fat guys and their Corvettes?  New lingo is Ripper
shifters, NOS nitrous kits, chipped out computers, high flow intakes, K&N
air filters, fat throttle bodies.  Cutting .500 lights and breaking a dollar
bill (100 mph) in the quarter.

BTW, I enjoy being around birders too.

Ken Hale
Bristol, TN