[THIN] Re: anti-virus for 30 blade server farm

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:49:39 -0000

I currently use Trend, without issue on *terminal servers*, and have use
McAfee previously - again without issue.

As somebody else has pointed out - Trend has always been quite popular
for terminal servers from a CPU cycle perspective.

I'm not going to delve into product advocacy, other than to merely state
my experience with the products.

As to the virus protection aspect, I have no other comparison for recent
history (I've not used Trend and McAfee concurrently, so have no
particular feeling whether one or the other would be better protection -
corporate standard products to reggae with... ;-)).

As to how you use it - a sort of resident, on demand, filesystem filter
- I'd say that most people opt for that, because (especially given the
paranoid comments) you'll probably want to ensure that your TS users
don't receive or propagate virii, more than simply being sure at finite
moments in time, that your TS is not infected.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

than buying more servers.