[THIN] Re: anti-virus for 30 blade server farm

Mallesons Stephen Jaques
www.mallesons.com

Confidential communication

not so

i fly the mcafee flag

32 MF servers no issues

250+ wintel servers, no issues

trend on exhange and trend on ISA =3D poo

not from a performance issue but letting virus's thru on the isa server =
and the total lack of 2003 support and exchange eicar test file "we know =
its a test virus and not a real virus so we'll let it thru" mentality

i am now on the 1 of 5 beta test sites for mcafee security sheild for =
ISA seing we have 8 of the things

just remember AV isnt just about IO and CPU, its also does the product =
do the job and stop virus outbreaks?

john (my 2c)