[THIN] Re: VMWare

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:35:57 -0700

If all the GSX box is running is one citrix session, then it should be
running on the actually hardware itself.  You maybe able to increase the
total number of connections by adding a second Citrix VM.  2 x Citrix VMs is
better than 1 Citrix VM with SMP.  The vSMP module has it's place, but the
biggest draw back is 2 processors have to be available before the thread is
executed.  On a 2 way machine with a few VMs, this can hurt performance.

  _____