[THIN] Re: Rolling out/Packaging IE Plugins

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:10:23 +0100

I can see the point Chris makes, in that there is a perceived "gap" in
dealing with this type of content.

But traditional app deployment should be able to deal, and ISVs would
likely feel that they automagically deal with deployment merely by the
use of ActiveX controls.

The restrictions or problems that occur in locked-down environments,
tend to be merely (as you hint) not knowing all the salient details, and
the rights issue with installation of certain types of software /
content - it's one thing to permit / block the mechanism, it's another
to provide a blend of the rights / permissions for this to work.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

than buying more servers.