[THIN] Re: Rolling out/Packaging IE Plugins

Well signing of the ActiveX control is the first thing to consider - but
in general, the whole rationale is the "on-demand" thing.

ISVs would likely argue that the packaging of an ActiveX control *does*
automate the process - just not to the satisfaction that some would
like.

I do feel your pain, it's not that I'm don't see any empathy there, just
that merely you can sorta see the different paradigm in active web
content, compared with software distribution.

But having made that last point, there's no reason (that I can think of)
why traditional software distribution tools wouldn't work.

It's just that within the / a normal users' context, and with
restrictions in place, it isn't exactly the easiest thing to re-invent.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

than buying more servers.