[THIN] Re: Rolling out/Packaging IE Plugins

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:28:11 +0100

Well as for the imaging thing, surely it's something you could do before
the sysprep and the image?

I suppose there may be mileage in trying to automate it - but it would
likely need some runtime parameters, too.

It's always going to be a bespoke thing, though, because it's likely
that each ActiveX control / plugin for LOB apps tends to be quite
specific. So anyone likely who has solved it, will have only likely
solved it for what they've got to do, I don't think there's necessarily
any general / generic solution, as it's nearly always a slightly
variable feast.

As for runtime - you're going to have the same issues as you have for a
normal user accessing active content / plugins during a session, aren't
you.

For me it's not much of an overhead - it's a couple of minutes during
build time of a server.

The only time I need to make any changes, if for cert changes - in which
case it's the login script, or should anything change regarding the
control SID.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.