[THIN] Re: Port/box Security

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 17:06:13 +0100

ooh, i like the sound of those figures

methinks I've found a use for our (soon to be) old Novell servers!

Now i just need mfxp+ :/

Andrew
--o--

>>> lynch00@xxxxxxx 20/05/04 17:01:09 >>>
=20

The cost of hardware is negligible once someone high up understands
the security implications.  Also, these two services can run on the
same server, and don't require much (PIV with 512MB of RAM would be
sufficient for almost 1000 connections).

And, notice that I said "WI AND SG".  I would never recommend running
just WI, unless it was for internal users only.  Exposing the ICA
port to the Internet is just asking for trouble.  Especially if you
are also wanting Program Neighborhood access (either XML or
1604/UDP).

Chris