[THIN] Re: Port/box Security

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:45:49 +1200

  I'm a consultant, so when I have the say-so, I do the following:

- enable auditing of account logon events
- enable a strong password and account lockout policy
- look at the logs periodically (or have an automated warning system in
place for suspicious events)
- enable encryption on the RDP connection
- enable the logon warning message
- Limit RDP logon permission only to users that require it

  I'm not looking for specific help with securing my environment. It was
more of a hypothetical question about exploiting RDP or the GINA. Thanks for
all the responses.

JD