[THIN] Re: Dream environment

  • From: raj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:04:34 +1000

If it is local government i would create few Metaframe server on load
balance.
And give Clients Dumb Terminals at the office.
Publish Apps is over the web for Home users

Regards from,

Your Friendly IT Staff
:-))>>
Raj RossRakesh

Tell me and I forget.
Show me and I remember.
Involve me and I understand.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."

solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the
system manager

                    Adam.Baum@cityo

                    fmesa.org             To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Sent by:              cc:

                    thin-bounce@fre       Subject:     [THIN] Dream environment

                    elists.org

                    02/04/2004

                    12:47 AM

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Didn't see nay responses so I fire I'd try again.....any takers.

Original message edited 4/1/04

----- Forwarded by Adam Baum/genserv/mesaaz on 04/01/2004 07:45 AM -----

                      Adam.Baum@cityofm

                      esa.org                  To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      thin-bounce@freel        Subject:  [THIN] Dream
environment
                      ists.org

                      03/30/2004 10:57

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

HI All,

I have been asked to provide a roadmap for our Citrix environment.  Our
standard way of developing roadmaps is to come up with our "dream"
environment, analyze its costs/benefits, see if it meets our requirements,
settle of the final solution, and
then develop a plan for getting there.  The "getting there" part may
require
multiple transitions...sort of like mutating into the final solution with
several stops along the way.

I am in the first phase.  If you were walking into a new company that had
no computers, but a standard list of apps, what would your dream Metaframe
environment look like?  Here are some guidelines:
      Windows 2003 Active Directory will be in use
      Beside using internally, clients will need access from home
      Must be secure (ie..128bit encryption, etc)
      PC's and thinclient devices are to be used
      Stability is key
      Can use 3rd party utilities such as Tscale and Simplify Printing.
      Antivirus is a must
      This is a local government - we run all sorts of stuff.  The more we
      can have on Metaframe, the better.

adam

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting
integration firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com