From: Brian Madden [mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:39 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Dream environment

I totally agree with John.

Now, to go one step further, for the DREAM DREAM environment:

-Egenera blades (they work together to form a single virtual super
computer) that can still run Windows or Linux or whatever
-SAN storage
-VMware ESX

Then, all your servers would be virtual in the blades. You might have
let's say 10 blades running 40 Citrix servers, but each server grabs CPU
and memory resources from any/all of the ten blades. If you run out of
CPU resources, no prob.. plug in another blade and it's available to all
40 servers.

In today's world, this would probably cost a million dollars or more.
But, I bet in 5-10 years this is what everyone does...

Brian

Brian Madden
brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
+1.202.302.3657
Visit www.brianmadden.com for in-depth Citrix, Terminal Server, and
server-based computing news and analysis, white papers, downloadable
videos, and product reviews.