[THIN] Re: Dream environment

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:16:40 +0100

Are you thinking about hardware, or just purely stuff like "must be secure"=
 ?

There lots of little fiddley things like RAID setups and that you could con=
sider if you wanted :)

Andrew
--o--

>>> Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/04/04 15:47:17 >>>
Didn't see nay responses so I fire I'd try again.....any takers.

Original message edited 4/1/04

----- Forwarded by Adam Baum/genserv/mesaaz on 04/01/2004 07:45 AM -----
                                                                           =
                                                          =20
                      Adam.Baum@cityofm                                    =
                                                          =20
                      esa.org                  To:       thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=
                                                          =20
                      Sent by:                 cc:                         =
                                                          =20
                      thin-bounce@freel        Subject:  [THIN] Dream envir=
onment                                                    =20
                      ists.org                                             =
                                                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                          =20
                      03/30/2004 10:57                                     =
                                                          =20
                      AM                                                   =
                                                          =20
                      Please respond to                                    =
                                                          =20
                      thin                                                 =
                                                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                          =20
                                                                           =
                                                          =20

HI All,

I have been asked to provide a roadmap for our Citrix environment.  Our
standard way of developing roadmaps is to come up with our "dream"
environment, analyze its costs/benefits, see if it meets our requirements,
settle of the final solution, and
then develop a plan for getting there.  The "getting there" part may
require
multiple transitions...sort of like mutating into the final solution with
several stops along the way.

I am in the first phase.  If you were walking into a new company that had
no computers, but a standard list of apps, what would your dream Metaframe
environment look like?  Here are some guidelines:
      Windows 2003 Active Directory will be in use
      Beside using internally, clients will need access from home
      Must be secure (ie..128bit encryption, etc)
      PC's and thinclient devices are to be used
      Stability is key
      Can use 3rd party utilities such as Tscale and Simplify Printing.
      Antivirus is a must
      This is a local government - we run all sorts of stuff.  The more we
      can have on Metaframe, the better.

adam

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting
integration firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com=20
http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
Emergent OnLine is the leading server-based computing consulting integratio=
n firm in the nation. Emergent OnLine delivers expert=20