[telnet] Re: synchronet, was Re: List status

  • From: "Justin Ekis" <jekis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <telnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 00:37:28 -0700

Hello.
I knew he was hinting at it but didn't figure it was coming until after 3.10
final. Plus like the other recent aditions I expected it to come as a
javascript module so was pleasantly surprised to see it as a full part of
the main executable.
Also I'd seen so many automated cvs commit messages on all kind of things so
thought he was busy and I was rocked to see the commit message with the web
server source. Then about 30 or more commits with work done on it. I was
just surprised to se it that fast.
It's definitely a good thing. Sysops can now more easily get a web site for
their BBS, rather than trying to find good web hosting and redirection or
trying to get a good server. They now just have to drop a few html pages in
the sbbs directory and they can forget about the page and start working on
getting it listed in search engines. With more ease of getting a page, maybe
sysops would promote the web page which would promote the board which would
draw attention to the community and then it would grow again.