[telnet] synchronet, was Re: List status

  • From: "Justin Ekis" <jekis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <telnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:41:24 -0700

Tony, when you mentioned the full release of synchronet probably coming out
soon I remembered something I was going to post a while back. This is
exciting news, and it also means there will likely be at least one more beta
before final release and my prodiction was off. *grin.* I would have never
in my wildest dreams thought this would happen any time soon though.
I'm not sure this is meant to be widely known publically yet but there are
few members here so just don't circulate it much or bug the author about
when
this will be out.
Anyway here's what I've found, it's huge. I'm slightly interested in
programming though I haven't done it myself yet. During the good amount of
free time I have at the moment I frequently read the synchronet programming
board. Whenever the author makes a change to synchro a message is
automatically placed on the board describing what part of the program was
added or changed and what was done. Anyway, what I'm getting at is this.
I've just found out that the next revision of synchronet will finally have
... drumrole please ... it's own real web server!
Man I wish I had the required software to build synchronet. The source code
is available but I can't compile it. This stinks. Off topic, anyone know
where I can get a demo of microsoft visual c++ on the web?