[TechAssist] Re: service info Dell M780 Monitor

  • From: "techforce" <techforce@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:26:45 -0400

I have read that there is a 5 Pin V. Reg IC In the P-S Suspected of going
bad. Its a KA2S0880, which I can supply a Sub part for if need be.
Let me know the voltages you have on that IC, and we can draw a conclusion
if that part has failed.

Otherwise, it perhaps could be the FBT if you do not hear any HV build up,
or if it sounds like its trying to build up HV, then quits. Have you checked
the HOT, and the FET , if its there, that drives the FET's B+ ?

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY (USA)
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax US Only)
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM