[TechAssist] citizen model JCTV2704 chassis M3L523S

  • From: Alvin Rose <ajroseca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 19:40:30 -0700

Hi Guys
we have a citizen tv which is shorting the horrizontal output
transistor..Have replaced it twice..Set will run for half an hour
and then will short the transistor..Scoped the collector and there is no
saddle in the waveform but a small amount of ringing on the reference line.
The base waveform looks like a modified square wave with a number of
high spikes at the start and finish of the waveform..I replaced the 22 mfd
electrolytic in the primary of the driver transformer with no improvement.
Driver transister tests ok..Had anyone had this problem with this model
Your help is appreciated
Alvin Rose
Radio & Tv Centre
Marystown, Nl