[TechAssist] Re: citizen model JCTV2704 chassis M3L523S

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:50:35 -0500

Ooops, when you stated base waveform, I thought you meant base as in
"baseline".....( I rarely check base waveforms), normally they look like a
"raggy" square wave anyways.....

However the collector waveform should be a smooth pulse, about 12uS wide,
anywhere from 1000V to 1100V max on most TVs, probably 80% ride right around
1050V.

The caps can induce a raggy looking collector pulse or heat up a transistor
pretty fast if it's nearly open.....partly open/low value can cause it to
fail like yours is. That 12uS pulse width can point to the problem
too......more than 12us generally indicates bad IHVT/leaky cap (lowered
voltage too), less than 11uS would show opening caps.....so the 12uS check
is another tool in our toolbox...

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815