[TechAssist] Re: Windows 98 - CD drive causes Blue screen lock-up

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 08:31:28 -0600

Wally,
go to control panel, settings, hardware profile and select cd rom then
select properties and remove the cd rom from system. now power down computer
disconnect cd rom from IDE and power cable. power unit up then shutdown and
reconnect cd rom and power up Windows should detect "new hardware" and
reinstall drivers
You may need a windows 98 disk.
this has worked for me before

Robert