[TechAssist] Re: RCA ctc169, 35 " intermittent dead

  • From: Bill Grabowski <bgrabowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:16:17 -0500

This set uses 5 shutdown circuits and the HV is monitored at U1001 at
pin #22. It should be about 1.5volts. You can monitor this to see if
thats the shutdown reason. Also the 26volt line thats scan derived is a
common problem. It feeds the audio output and could be your trouble
site. I've also found the small disc caps in the SMPS section had one
side with poor solder. But more common on the projo's.
Just my 2 cents.

Bill Grabowski
Triangle Appliance
Kenosha,WI  53142

becyn wrote:

> Seems that i remember thst there were degraded or defective components in
> the pincushion module that created problems like that. Sorry, don't recall
> the specifics...
>
> Jim McVey
> McVey Alltronix
> 327 Broadway