[TechAssist] Re: RCA ctc169, 35 " intermittent dead

  • From: Labeauxman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:11:45 EDT

I now believe it is not shutting down.
It only wont operate about once a day for 30 seconds.
I believe it just wont start.
Found many many poor solder connections, but none that
convinced me I had it.
Its playing right now for hours again.
Boy I hate intermittents!
I put the back on, just to fool the thing into thinking I was done
lmao
Larry

Bill Grabowski wrote:

> This set uses 5 shutdown circuits and the HV is monitored at U1001 at
> pin #22. It should be about 1.5volts. You can monitor this to see if
> thats the shutdown reason. Also the 26volt line thats scan derived is a
> common problem. It feeds the audio output and could be your trouble
> site. I've also found the small disc caps in the SMPS section had one
> side with poor solder. But more common on the projo's.
> Just my 2 cents.
>
> Bill Grabowski
> Triangle Appliance
> Kenosha,WI  53142
>

> becyn wrote:
>

>>Seems that i remember thst there were degraded or defective components in
>>the pincushion module that created problems like that. Sorry, don't recall
>>the specifics...
>>
>>Jim McVey
>>McVey Alltronix
>>327 Broadway
>>Newburgh N.Y. 12550
>>
>>Factory authorized
>>service for over 20
>>major brands.
>>845 561 8383

Be sure and remove the Horz. driver transformer and look for bad solder
joints on the legs underneath it. You won't be able to see them unless you
remove
the transformer....... if I remember correctly the voltage on it will be about
100 volts when it is open...