[TechAssist] Re: RCA, G36705, CTC197, No Sound

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:51:55 -0500

Don't change the EEPROM!
I have never had to change a EEPROM in a ctc197
If you have no sound, do you hear a tic tic tic in speakers as volume level
is increased ?
If so removing and reapplying AC power will fix
If not then troubleshoot audio output and muting circuit.
#16 indicates a low on the I2C clock or data line it does not mean the
eeprom is the fault.
You most likely have a leaky surface mount cap on these lines I have seen
this many times and #16 error code is very common to see and never see a
problem.
IF you should need to replace EEPROM, yes you can write down and re enter
most parameter setting without Chipper Check.
Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc