[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52w20 (ITC222) shuts down immediatly

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:48:18 -0400

you can force the deflection Ay on, by shorting tp210 (location G-2) on the
deflection pcb. I don't reccommend it since mine took out the H-out after a
couple of tests.

Me thinks the issue might be with the SMPS running slightly overvoltage. It
wants to sit at 160v rather than 137v, which might be enough to invoke
shutdowns and smoke the H-out with a reduced crt load when forced on(as I
had done).

It was not clear to me what might cause this.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550