[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52w20 (ITC222) shuts down immediatly

  • From: "becyn" <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:37:13 -0400

At one point I had removed the HV from the HV block and tried to fire it up
that way. Still no good! So, having eliminated the hv block and crts, I
quickly jumped to the conclusion that the FBT was bad--WRONG!

After replacement ( by the way, there are two possible flybacks, be careful)
I decided to override the the shutdowns as descibed by Thomson and in an
earlier post. Voltages and V deflection were present, but no sound or pix.

Seems to me that Thomson isn.t sure about the workings of this set either.
Too many undocumented shutdown modes.

At the moment, I'm going to wait for that newly authorized deflection PCB. I
ordered a crt driver IC "just in case".
Something tells me that one of them is NG, although RCA says that that
problem was corrected on the ITC222 series.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway
Newburgh N.Y. 12550