[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52w20 (ITC222) shuts down immediatly

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:33:22 -0400

 Here are some saved posts to look at.

Fellow Techs,
  First sorry for the long post.  Here's my experience with the ITC222. Set
came in dead. Would pulse three times at turn on. Ordered CCAB3686 TECI1
board and cables from Sencore. With the TECI1 board use the 7 to 10 pin
adapter cable that comes with it. Connect on the back of the set below the
RF connector where it says "for factory use only". Ran CC. Gave a Code 33 -
deflection safety circuit active or BV500 not connected. Basically, turns
out a pincushion problem (which will shut the set down) is the problem in
this case. Scoped pin cir. (called E-W)waveform severely distorted. All
components checked normal. Called RCA Tech line.Tech said "couldn't find the
cause of the problem, right?, We'll just give you  an authorization #  for
the board."  Apparently they have been giving out a lot of these boards.
Will post final results when the board arrives.

This is for info only,also posted to members area
The hv  would come up and then shutdown with 3 pulses.
Monitoring  EHT line from flyback at pin 10 of connector BL111 from
deflection board to small signal board measured only +15 volts
before shutdown. This is normally around +26 volts. according to Tech-Line
Found resistor RL044 on deflection board off pin 10 same connector had
increased in value to 650K ohm should be 221K ohm
this resistor is located under heatsink for vertical IC

To temporarily defeat shutdown (FOR TEST ONLY) short transistor TV852 B-E on
small signal board location H-7

The set should power up with the CRTs disconnected.

Disconnect the H & V yokes
Disconnect BW001 & BW002
Disconnect BA010 (audio)
Disconnect BP611 to convergence PS.

If the set powers up reconnect one at a time trying to turn on the set, and
troubleshoot that circuit that caused the shutdown.
If the set will not power up when these are disconnected the trouble is on
the small signal board.

I derived this from the Circuit Overview document, page 5-8.  When I called
the teck line and told them what I did they said that was what they were
going to suggest.

The small signal board is part number 264120.  Part not available.  I
ordered my first one last year, it still isn't here.

Direct the customer to RCA customer relations.  :-)

Green CRT PCB, there is a ribbon cable connector, BB201, perpendicular to
the cables that go to the other crts.  If this plug is unplug the set will
cycle three times.  The other connector, BB202, can be unplugged and the set
will come up with audio.

Al Marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair