[TechAssist] Re: Proscan CTC169

  • From: Bill Grabowski <bgrabowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:48:28 -0500

If your sure its not the Horiz the most common fix is the 2.2m/100vand
15m/63v next to the regulator IC and either a 39m or 47m off of chopper.
And of cource the imfamous CR4118 on the secondary. Just change these
four parts usually fixes 75% of CTC169 P.S.'s

Bill Grabowski
Triangle  Appliance
Kenosha, Wi  53142

Hoyt's TV wrote:
> Direct view CTC169
>
> Power supply is not firing up. I cannot find any shorts or heavy loads on
> the output side.
> I've tried watching it on a scope and bringing the AC up slowly, not even a
> twitch.
> Has raw B+.
> I haven't had many CTC169s, does anyone know of any common failures in this
> supply?
>
> Looks like a thousand or more tips in the tip section, will take me a month
> just to sort through them.
>
> Thanks
>
> Russ Hoyt
> Hoyt's TV