[TechAssist] Re: Phillips Model 9P5544 C102 BigScreen TV

  • From: "peter kowalik" <pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:54:20 -0500

Both screens have grooves in them. The lenticular screen or lens has
straight lines or grooves, the Fresnel lens has circular grooves in it. The
two lenses are then sandwiched together to give a surface on which to
project the picture. At one time some manufacturers shipped the screens as a
pair already bonded together, now, they come as 2 separate screens and have
increased in price. The protective screen is a piece of plexi-glass, often
with a black border around the outer edge, with polished edges(can easily be
replaced with plexi cut to size if one has a plastics outlet source .
Peter Kowalik pe.kow@xxxxxxxxxxxx