[TechAssist] Re: Newer Sylvania combi TVCRs eating tapes?]

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:31:22 -0400

If I call them for T/A on this problem when we cannot reproduce it, they
usually tell us to replace the reel clutch. They dont come back after
replacing the clutch so I assumed that the problem was solved. When I told
them that I had a unit that consistantly left the tape out on eject, and
that using a transparent dummy cassette, that I could see that the tension
band was locking the supply reel, they said I have to replace the mechanical
chassis assembly. It was a lot easier to just glue in a stop for the band
and a couple of other servicers have told me that the stop solved the
problem for them.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609