[TechAssist] RCA CTC 187 menu disappears,volume works

  • From: Al L <alleathe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:58:32 -0400

I need to know if the micro and the T chip have their own separate clocks or
do they share one..
    The remote and infra red pick up produce pulses at the input of
micro,but when locked up,there seem to be no pulses on the clock pins of the
T chip,or micro.If I float the micro should I have clock pulses on one chip,
the good one?
   The buttons on front fire up the set,do volume,and produce the menu.About
the time I get to auto program,the menu disappears, and I am stuck with one
channel.Sometimes it turns off.
   Any ideas,or does someone have an old training manual for this set?TIA.

Al Leatherman
224 RT. 46
Mine Hill, NJ 07803
973-361-5796