[TechAssist] Re: NO audio on TV

  • From: "Greg Smith" <gaserv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:39:35 -0600

All is well & good with that, but in our area we can now recreate these TV's
loosing their sound by changing the TV to Spike TV.  I don't have the time
daily to answer the phone with the same nagging issue.  Ask the customer if
it is allright to disable his CC or live with the sound going out on his
French Govt. TV ( now some Chinese Co. ) on a regular basis, or would he
like a solution that effects his CC, but his sound will now be stable.  How
many techs have charged to take a Phillips/Magnavox out of DEMO mode?  I
charged $10. to do it.  Usually have to unload TV for customer, hookup &
show them how to do it if it ever happens again.  It cost me money 10 years
ago to call the 900# for tech support on how to disable it.  Your time &
effort & most of all, your knowledge, is worth something. Just my $.02
worth. Greg
Gregory B. Smith
G & A Electronic Services
2521 N. Laurent